Thursday, May 11, 2017

What's love got to do with it?

    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, While loving someone deeply, gives you courage. That is a quote by Lao Tzu, an ancient Chinese philosopher. Though he was not a Christian, if I hadn't of mentioned the name of the person who had said this, you might have come to the conclusion that it could be a quote about God's love for us.
 
     I have been giving a lot of thought about the people in my life that gave me unconditional love. Before I found God there were 2 people that saw through everything that I was, and found the good that was in my heart. Not only did they find it, they brought it out.
 
     When I was around my mom I could feel her love physically, like it embraced me and held me tight. I  remember feeling happy and joyful inside, like it brought the good out from somewhere deep inside me. When I was around my mother I was a nice person. It wasn't an act I was putting on for her, just being around her and knowing she loved me gave me strength and lifted me up. When I was in my home with my mother the world was shut out, there was no evil or rich and poor, I wasn't a thief, or a drug dealer, I didn't need to be under the school tripping on Acid or LSD. When I was around my mother I knew I was loved. Love has a lot to do with it.

      I have been married to my wife for 26 years now, and she hasn't killed me. She has always made me feel special and important. When I fell in love with her, she was the first person that I wanted to give my heart to. I was scared and it took a long time for me to be able to let her love me fully, I always tried to push her away, because I didn't think I deserved to be loved, that what I had done and where I had come from made me unlovable. She could have gotten rid of me a few times, but she kept showing me that love, and finally it helped me gain the courage to grow and become a man who can love and be loved unconditionally. Love has a lot to do with it.
  
     I now realize that their love for me was also God's love for me. Their love has led me to God's love, which is greater then any you can imagine. God has put love in us, and through His love, has taught us how to love. God's love is amazing, and anyone can experience it if you just open up your heart and let it be filled. Let Him love you to strengthen you, then show love to Him, so you can gain the courage to go out and spread that love. As the great MLK said, " Hate can not drive out Hate, Only love can do that". Love has a lot to do with it............. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment