Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Heaven is watching

There is a hope in us that our loved ones passed on are watching over us. Looking over a beautiful balcony rail from Heaven. I have found in my limited studies that there are some who say no, but I have also found there are some who say yes.

 In discussions I have be told to look at the parable used in Luke 16:26. It says,  And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ I believe though that that chasm is between Heaven and Hell, not Heaven and Earth.

 I have been told that Heaven is a completing of the race and the struggles of this life, that the end of this life is seen as crossing the finish line and putting the race behind you, we should rejoice that they’ve been released from the problems of this life.

 In my limited studies of the Bible and discussions I have had, I have found verses that suggest that there is someone other than God and His Angels watching over us.  First Luke 15:7, it says I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. Luke 15:10 says In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents. Notice it says "In the presence of the angels of God, who is celebrating in the presence of the angels? I believe it is the saints who have gone before us populating Heaven. And if the saints can rejoice over  seeing a sinner repent, how could they know it unless they were watching over us?

 Hebrews 12:1 says Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. The term " cloud of witnesses" suggests that there are many watching over us.

 If those in heaven are watching over sinners who need repentance and also "just persons who need no repentance," then who is left? We're all either saints or sinners, either we have already repented and been saved or we need to repent to be saved. So therefore, if heaven is watching over both categories, we are all being watched.






No comments:

Post a Comment