Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I made it through

      The first weekend of the play is done, and from what I could tell, it was a pretty successful weekend. Everyone played the parts to the fullest, and the crowds laughed and clapped, it was awesome. We have 6 more shows to go, and I can't wait to get back out there and do it again.

      I made it through. When I was standing there seconds from walking down the aisle, my heart was racing, I was sweating and shaking, and just so nervous. I said to myself, "Mike, you have acted before, you have preached sermons to more people than this, calm down." Ahh, but I have never sang or danced. For as long as I can remember, people have made fun of the way I sing, and here I am walking down the aisle as Father Christmas getting ready to sing and dance in a show.

      So as I am about to sing, I just said OK God, please get me through this. I got up there and just went for it, I got all the words right, I didn't trip when I was dancing, and I don't think I embarrassed anybody. as the weekend went on my confidence grew and I think each performance got a little better. God didn't all of the sudden make me a great singer, or a great dancer, but what He did do is walk down that aisle with me. He gave me the courage to stand up and do something that people have made fun of me for before. Heck, I make fun of myself all of the time for the way I sing and dance.

      My faith in God gave me the strength and the courage to conquer my fear. He stood there by me as I sang, He danced right along with me, in front of all those people, so I didn't feel alone. He also put great people around me to support and encourage me. I am not going to try and tell you that my talent level has gone up to the level of the others in this play, but He did help me to realize that everything I do is to glorify His Name. By having faith in Him, and getting up there to sing and dance, I showed the strength and courage that my faith in the Lord has given me. God goes with you through all of your troubles, trust in Him, and He will give you the strength and courage to deal with it........

      

       

No comments:

Post a Comment