Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Inclusive Love of God



      If someone asked what I was passionate about, I am sure most people would say the Seahawks. I definitely couldn't say they were wrong. I would hope some would say my faith or my family also, but there is something else I am passionate about. That passion I am talking about is sharing the Inclusive Love of God to the world by doing for others....

      On Sunday Oct. 4th I will be participating in God's work our hands, I am actually a co-leader on one of the projects. My hope is that this will go beyond just one day and inspire us a Christians to add this to our faith journey, and I want to share with you why I volunteered for this project.

      I was born poor and didn't grow up in the best of neighborhoods to say the least. As a child and into my teens there were plenty of opportunities for the church or Christians to reach out and help us, not just my family, but also others in the community. Instead of sharing the Inclusive Love of God, they built an exclusive community and shunned us and kept us on the outside.  

      When I became a Christian I realized that that is not how it is supposed to be. God Loves every person in this world whether they know it or not, and we need to share that love starting in our own communities, and then spreading it out to the world. 

      There are plenty of verses in the bible that tell us we need to do for others, but these 2 are a couple of my favorites. Matthew 5:16 says, Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in Heaven. Matthew 25:40 says, Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

      My brothers and sisters, not only do we need  to get out and serve others, but as Christians and the Body of Christ we should want to serve others and share the inclusive love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment