Saturday, April 19, 2014

What does Easter mean to you ?

      I have asked this question to many people, and most of them have quoted bible versus, but never can really tell me what it means to them. So, I am going to attempt to put into words what it means to me.

      For me, Easter not only means that Jesus is alive, but Easter also gives me the promise of life after death, because Jesus conquered death. Thanks to His resurrection, I have peace with my past, because I put my trust and faith in Him I have been forgiven. All of my sin, all of my shame has been washed away.

      Easter is a celebration of love, it is a day to remember the most love filled act ever done. You see, God loved me so much that He gave His only Son so that I can have eternal life with Him. When my days come to an end on earth, He will greet me in paradise and I will spend all eternity with Him.

     Easter is a time of renewal, a time to refocus on the love and awesome sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour. A time to remember that death, His and mine, is not the end, but rather a new beginning. That is what Easter means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment