Friday, January 13, 2017

God's Love

     For a good number of people, God's love is often just guesswork. As they look out into this big intimidating world, They wonder if God is even out there. They wonder if God even really loves them, how can they be sure? Most people I have come across have some sort of belief that there is a higher being some where, even if they don't claim to be religious. I listen to a lot of music and I hear a lot of songs about people hoping, wondering, and praying that there really is a God who loves and cares for them. If that is you, your sitting there wondering if there really is a God who actually loves you, then I have good news for you. The Christian faith can take the guesswork out of God. We don't have to wonder if He really loves us, because Jesus came down and shown us the depths of God's love, the depth of His mercy, and the depth of His goodness. And, above all else He has shown us that God has the power to change and mend broken lives by dieing on the cross and rising again.

     I know you are saying that's all good, but can God really love someone like me? Now, you know I am going to give you the answer yes, but I know behind that question lies many people's experience with the church, a place that hasn't communicated very well the fact that God loves everybody equally. Because Jesus paid the ultimate price for all the wrong things we have done in our lives. He has opened up a way back to God. He has given to us the free and undeserved gift of eternal life. Not because of what we have done, not because of who we are, but simply because He loves us, each and everyone of us. You see, God's love for you is unconditional and undeserved. He loves you even though you are disobedient, weak, selfish, a sinner. He loves you enough to show you the way to an abundant, eternal life. While on the cross Christ cried out, Father forgive them, for they know not what they do. If God loved those who were sinners that much, imagine how much He loves you.

     The love that God has for you and me is far beyond any human understanding. Jesus prayed, . "My prayer for all of them is that they will be of one heart and mind, just as you and I are, Father. I in them and you in me, all being perfected into one,so that the world will know you sent me and will understand that you love them as much as you love me. Think about that, God loves you as much as He loves His only begotten Son. That is an overwhelming truth to understand. You need not fear someone that loves you so perfectly. You need not ever be hesitant to trust God with your life, because He truly loves you. And, the most amazing part is that He loves you even when you are disobedient. Amen
    

No comments:

Post a Comment