Thursday, June 13, 2013

Like many of you I struggle with worry, where am I going to find the money to get a furnace or finally get more than a plywood floor for my kitchen? My daughter is starting middle school next year, what if something happens to her, my wife is in real estate and property management and regularly meets with strangers to show them rental properties or houses for sale, what if something happens to her? Then, I saw a scripture posted on facebook, Philippians 4: 6-7 , which told me not to be anxious about anything, but to bring everything to the Lord in prayer, with thanksgiving. So now I try to give everything over God and give Him thanks for the things that I have, because giving thanks lifts my heart to see above the problems of this world. I have learned to pray for thanksgiving for all that God has given me. I grew up and lived very poor for most of my life, So I give Him thanks for my job and my wife's job. I give Him thanks for the house my family and I have. I give Him thanks for my beautiful wife and the daughter we were never supposed to have.  Ecclesiastes 5:19 says, “When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God.” When we thank God for these things, we are able to truly enjoy them for what they are.
God has promised us freedom from anxiety along with His peace, and all we have to do is trust Him completely. The greatest gift God gave us was His only Son, who gave his life so that we may have forgiveness of our sins and everlasting life. Through His Spirit God gives us joy, peace, and victory. Let us rejoice in our Lord and give thanks to Him in all things!
I will leave you with this quote about the deliverance that thankfulness, and gratitude can give us.
“John Henry Jowett said, ‘Gratitude is a vaccine, an antitoxin, and an antiseptic.’ This is a most searching and true diagnosis. Gratitude can be a vaccine that can prevent the invasion of a disgruntled attitude. As antitoxins prevent the disastrous effects of certain poisons and diseases, thanksgiving destroys the poison of fault-finding and grumbling. When trouble has smitten us, a spirit of thanksgiving is a soothing antiseptic.”

God's Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment