Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Stepping out of your comfort zone

Genesis 12: 1-3 12, The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your
father’s household to the land I will show you. “I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.

I think this verse is just one where God asks us to step out of our comfort zones. He wants us to step out of our comfort zones in all aspects of our life, to rely and trust faithfully in him. So that is what I am going to do. I do not like to get up in front of people and call attention to myself, but that is exactly what I am doing. You see every year my church puts on a play, and since I have no musical ability what so ever, I never considered trying out because they are always musicals. Well this year is no different except for one little thing, there are some non singing parts. I have never done anything like this before, and it to be honest with you I am scared to death. I helped lead a Lenten service the other night and I could barely read my notes because I was shaking so bad. I also did a skit with my daughter in our no talent-talent show, but I didn't have to memorize a lot of lines and I looked into my note book the whole time. I will post throughout rehearsals and the play to let you know how it goes. I will also do a lot of praying for help to get me through this. God wants us to step out of our comfort zones in other parts of our lives to help us leave our comfort zones so we can become better disciples. So, get out of your comfort zones and take a chance, because that is what God wants us to do.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment