Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mathew 14:25-33,
25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

     So I have been to a few rehearsals now, and I think that the Story of Jesus walking on the water, and showing the disciples that through faith you can conquer your fears can be applied to what I am doing with this play, trusting that God is with you always, no matter where you are He is right there with you.
     The first couple of times I went out and tried to act in front of people I was very nervous, I couldn't get my lines out, I couldn't act. One night one of my Stephan Minister friends was talking about Peter and how he always doubted, and needed proof, and didn't have faith that Jesus could help him walk on water no matter what the conditions. That got me thinking, I had never even thought that God would want to help me over come my fear of talking in front of people. Remember, God wants us to step out of our comfort zones, tells us to step out of our comfort zones. If He wants us to do this, then why would He not be there to help us. Now I add that to my daily prayers, as well as saying a little prayer before I go on stage to say my lines. I still get a little nervous, but knowing that God is there helps. Always remember that no matter what you are going through in life, God is there with you. Having some faith can be very powerful.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike-Just found your blog..and noted about your challenging yourself with Kindergarten. Since I am part of the reason you got 'pushed into this' I want to make sure you know you are doing a FANTABULOUS job! Keep up the incredible work! God is on your side working right there next to you! You are doing great! Keep it up! Thanks for being there! Your Trusty Stage Manager...

    ReplyDelete