Friday, April 20, 2012

Should have not gone to Idaho

  So the week before I was supposed to go out on my first date with my soon to be wife, the son of a long time family friend of my mom was in town. He was in the navy and his ship was in Seattle for something, I don't remember what. Anyhow his family lived in Idaho and my mother had asked me to give him a ride to Idaho for the weekend so he could see his family. I had taken that Friday off so we could get to Idaho and still have the whole weekend to party.
   So we get to this town where his family lives and it has a store/bar, post office, and a little shack that was the police department. Saturday night we are partying in the bar and a few of the locals are staring at me and when someone would walk by me they would comment on my long hair and call me a girl and things like that. I kept my mouth shut being in a strange town and not really knowing anybody. It started getting worse as people drank and this one guy would walk by me and flip my hair and was threatening to have his buddies hold me down so he could cut it off. I told the people sitting at the table with me that the next time that guy touched me I was going to (excuse the language) beat his ass! And all they would say was that would not be a good idea.
   I got up from the table and went into the bathroom and while I was in there that guy walked in and started talking trash to me. I finally had enough of this guy and told him to go out in the parking lot and I will show you how much of a girl I was. So we headed out into the parking lot and when I turned around to face this guy, I noticed the whole bar had followed us outside and made a circle around us. I remember thinking am I going to have to fight the whole bar? So the guy takes his coat off and his arms are guns, this guy is built like a fire hydrant. He was probably 6 inches shorter than me but was rock solid. The guy went to take his shirt off and I thought I better hit him now, if I was going to fight the whole bar I was going to get in some good shots first. So, when the guy had his shirt over his head I rushed towards him with my arm cocked ready to hit this guy as hard as I could, but before I got close to him I was face down in the parking lot getting handcuffed and kicked a few times. You see, I had just picked a fight with the deputy sheriff.
   So with a fat lip and bloody nose, I got thrown into a cell in the little shack. I remember thinking as we walked through the door that I had been thrown back in time and we were in Mayberry. The whole thing looked just like Andy's office with the 2 cells next to each other and a guy I assumed was the town drunk sleeping in one of the cells. I was thrown into the other cell and told I was going to have to sit there until the circuit judge came through town on Tuesday or Wednesday. I thought there goes my job, there goes my date. I started talking to the sheriff, begging for him to let me go, I told him that he would never see me again. I don't know if he got tired of listening to me or what, but on Sunday morning he decided to let me go.
    I got back in time for work on Monday, but I was not in very good shape. I had told my so called friend about what had happened and next thing you know it was all over work. A friend of my soon to be wife told me she was scared to go out with me but that Saturday night she went out with me. A couple years later I found out she had her friend sitting at home waiting for the rescue call. We went to the Mazatlan restaurant because Her friend had told me she loved Mexican food. She had the Arroz Con Pollo, and we talked all night. After dinner we went back to her place for a drink and then I went home. When I got home I said to my mom that she was the women I was going to spend the rest of my life with, and then I went into my bedroom and smoked a bunch of pot. You see, I hadn't concord all my demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment