Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My next 2 addictions

When I was growing up there was no talk of God in my house. I remember an old school bus that would drive through the neighborhood and pick up kids to take to church, It was called the Church by the Side of the Road. I got on that bus a couple of times to go to Sunday School, and I was told how much God loved me and cared for me. I remember thinking if God loved me so much, why did he let my parents get divorced? Why does my mother have to be away from home 12 to 13 hours a day to be able to take care of her family? So one day instead of getting on that bus I went to what was called Smoker's Rock to hang out and smoke. There was this one kid there I had never met before, he was a couple of years older than I was and he was smoking something that looked like a cigarette but had no filter. He told me that whenever he was sad it made him happy. He gave me one for free to try it, but if I liked it I would have to buy the next one. So I shared it with some of my friends and we liked it so much we had to get more, but we had to buy it. So the next day at school one of my friends told me he knew where we could get some money. In the apartment complex we lived in there were basements with laundry rooms and storage rooms. He told me his neighbor kept some old coins in his storage unit and they weren't very hard to get into. So we broke into the storage unit took a couple of jars with old coins in them and sold them to his older brother who collected coins so we could buy some pot. That was the first time I had stolen anything and I liked it. It opened up a whole new world for me, and I had no idea where it would take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment