Monday, March 26, 2012

My Story

On October 20th, 2002 I was baptized with my 2 month old daughter. I didn't know what baptism meant at that time. I thought it was just a way to show your allegiance to God. It took me 8 yrs to figure it out, and even then I needed some help. I want to help others find the peace that God has given to me. I want share my story in hopes that I can help someone stay away from the life I led, or if you are headed down that same path that it is never too late to change.

Growing up I didn't have a lot of good adult influence in my life. My parents were divorced when I was 4 or 5, I saw my dad on weekends when he would take me to my bowling league or hunting at Mt. Saint Helens, things like that but he passed away when I was 12.

My mom had to go to school and then work so I was raised a lot by my older sisters, but they were teenagers and had their own things they wanted to do so I spent a lot of time out on the streets.

I started smoking cigarettes when I was 10, and took my first hit of Marijuana when I was 12. By the time I was 16 I was using Cocaine and Methamphetamine and by the time I was 18 I was regular user of LSD. I stole, I robbed, I beat people up, and I used women as sexual objects and treated them like trash. The only person I cared about was my mom. This is just a view I guess of the different chapters of my life. I will go into further detail of each chapter in hopes of showing you that it is never to late and that no matter what you do, God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment